Alecta Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion Peek Cage (TLIF)
Lumbar Peek Cage (TLIF)
Alecta Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF) Cage is manufactured from MRI and CT-compatible PEEK material, which does not result in permanent lesions. Trial implants of different sizes are available in 3 different lordotic angle (optionally 9°-angle) options to allow the user to select the appropriate size of the product to fit the anatomical structure. The implantation procedure performed by using only one hand-held tool offers the user a practical and a time saving procedure.
The slots over the surface of the product allow for a complete and swift fusion. These slots do not act on the durability of the Cage against the compression caused by the body weight. The serrated structure on the superior and inferior surfaces help to cling on the body structures very well. In this product group, two different TLIF Cages are available.
- Alecta Tlif Cage
- Alecta Expandable TLIF Cage
- Disc herniation
- Degenerative discopathy and instability
- Restoration of the disc height
General Features of the Products
- Compatible with the TLIF approach minimizing the dural injury.
- Allows for load distribution evenly.
- Allows for access to tight disc areas and optimized positioning of the implant.
- Using a single TLIF Lumbar Cage allows for shortening the length of surgery as much as possible.
- Allows for accomplishing early treatment in the postoperative period without further requirements for any aid.
- Helps minimizing indirect tissue injury.
- The external surfaces have no corners allowing for ending in minimized neural injury.
- Practical hand-held instruments and the appropriate design for grafting enable achieving maximum efficiency and flexibility during surgery.
- The patient position is selected depending on the pathological condition and to allow for performing the Smith Robinson technique. After starting monitorization of the patient, placing the cannulas, and administering anaesthesia; the patient is brought to the supine position. Care should be exercised about the potential pressure points and the back of the patient during positioning. Consequently, the surgical site is prepared by using sterile covers and drapes in compliance with the general procedures.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissues are incised by using a scalpel depending on the site of surgery. The skin and subcutaneous tissue are incised via a hemi-collar skin incision (on the right side of the patient). The platysma is incised vertically. The neurovascular bundle of the neck and the SCM muscle are reflected sideways (to the right). The trachea and the oesophagus are externalized( toward the midline in the neck). Thus, the prevertebral fascia is exposed.
- The space is examined by using a C-arm scopy (mobile C-arm X-ray unit). Discectomy is performed to clear the space around. The osteophytes and disk fragments are removed by using a curette.
- After bleeding control is achieved; of different sizes of ALECTA TLIF Lumbar Peek cages, the appropriate one for the intended surgical site is selected and implanted under C-arm scopy.
- Consequently, the surgical site is closed with conventional methods.
Kassiopis 10 Str, 17237
Biongraft Synthetic Bone Substitutes
Resorbable Barrier Membranes